Virginia & Destination Wedding Venues I Love | Destination Wedding Photographer
One of the most joyous time in your life is planning a wedding. From even before the proposal happens, you are already thinking about your dream wedding. One of the first things most couples do is look for a venue. Some couples choose a local venue, a venue back in their hometown if they have moved or a destination venue of a place they’ve visited before or have been dreaming of getting married at. New wedding venues have been popping up everywhere which makes it hard to select a favorite that you can envision saying “i do” at.
Deciding on the venue is only the beginning and budget is a huge factor in which one you pick. Weddings are expensive and some just decide on a quick courthouse wedding because of it and some couples want to go all out and spend mucho dinero. I had a big fat Greek wedding (hubby’s Greek) and it wasn’t cheap but wasn’t outrageous either. I worked with a budget which most of us do unless your a millionaire.
When you go looking at wedding venues, you will walk into the one that feels right and you will say to yourselves “this is the one!” It is one of the best feelings falling in love with your venue and locking it in. Its a huge first step! Here is a list of venues that if I wasn’t married, would love to get married at. They are not in any particular order and my decision is based off their architectural designs, landscapes and location.
Local Virginia, MD and DC Venues
- Stone Tower Winery | Leesburg, VA – This beautiful venue is only 20 mins from me and is one of the most popular winery venues in Northern Virginia. I have photographed a wedding shoot here (pictured above) and I fell in love with it. The atmosphere, scenery and backdrop with grape vines makes this venue such a dreamy location to get married. The have an easy accessible kitchen and they are equipped for large weddings. It books up fast and I wouldn’t be surprised if its already booked up for the year!
- Shadowcreek | Purcellville – Not too far away from Stone Tower is Shadowcreek. This venue was built by the family who owns the land and its strickly used just for events/parties.
- The Seclusion | Lexington, VA – This is a brand new venue that will be completed this year and is already booking weddings. It is going to be gorgeous!! Its a barn venue that will have tall cathedral ceilings and a super lovely bridal suite. I love everything about this venue and I can’t wait for it to be completed!
- Pippin Hill | North Garden, VA – This VA winery is another top favorite wedding venue for couples because of the gorgeous design of the venue inside and out as well as the most amazing outdoor ceremony backdrop I have ever seen.
- The Hay Adams | Washington, DC – I shot a wedding here last year and fell in love with it! The ballroom has elegant chandeliers and has the most amazing view of DC because you can see the white house and monument from the ballroom terrace. Its extremely romantic and would love to just even be a guest to a wedding there (invite me please)!
- Burlington Plantation Weddings | Charles City, VA – This plantation has been passed down through generations and is located near Williamsburg. I love the design and uniqueness of the plantation especially because its in the middle of beautiful open land. It has a lovely bridal cottage that is so cute and historic. The reception room is big and tall with beautiful chandeliers which is a must for indoor weddings.
- The Anderson House | Washington, DC – This elegant venue is not only beautiful inside but has an amazingly romantic garden called the Hoyt outside that is perfect for your reception.
- Great Marsh Estate | Bealton, VA – Less then 45 mins from me and a new venue that was finished last year, is this beautiful estate that is a gorgeous backdrop, a newly renovated barn for receptions and has a beautiful lawn for ceremonies. I am booked to do two weddings here this year and I can’t wait!
- Strong Mansion at Sugarloaf | Adamstown, MD – A beautiful refurbished mansion with gardens that is available year round. Both ceremony and reception take place outside and I love the backdrop of the grand staircase.
- Virginia House | Richmond, VA – This manor house is huge and beautiful and overlooks the James River with beautiful landscape and gardens. The venue makes an amazing backdrop for outdoor ceremonies and portraits.
Other U.S. States Venues
- River Bottoms Ranch | Midway, Utah – This gorgeous white barn with lots of light was finished just last year. The views are amazing because its on open land next to a lake with mountain views. Its one of my top fav’s and I’d LOVE to travel there and photograph a wedding!
- Kestrel Park | Santa Barbara, CA – This is a gorgeous private estate that looks like a castle. It is fully booked for 2019 because they only hold a certain amount of weddings each year. It has a mix of open land, trees, gardens and mountain views.
- Oheka Castle | Huntington, NY – I found out about this venue from my hairstylist. It is owned by her uncle and when she showed me the photos, I died! Its just unbelievable with the most prettiest gardens to the castle itself!
- Biltmore Estate | Asheville, NC – Most of you know what this historic Chateau is and have probably visited it. I haven’t gone yet but I hope to go soon. Its jaw dropping gorgeous!
- The White Sparrow Barn | Quinlan, Texas – I have followed this gorgeous barn venue for awhile and have been dreaming of photographing a wedding there. Its not only beautiful and white on the outside, but the inside is also white with tons of natural light because of the big windows it has. It totally fits my light and airy style!
- Sandlewood Manor | Tomball, Texas – Situated on 27 acres of beautiful landscaped grounds, the Luxurious Estate will take your breath away. Its another venue that makes a perfect backdrop for ceremonies and portraits.
- Venetsanos Winery | Thira, Kikladhes, Greece – On top of a cliff with miles of ocean views and cliff views. I’ll leave it at that!
- Pyrgos Petreza | Agiou Christoforou, Attiki, Greece – This gorgeous venue is just east of Athens. Built in the 1990’s, this beautiful venue has deposits with old materials collected from tore-down houses and ruins from Spata that the owner started collecting in the 1980’s. Its so beautiful inside and out as well as incredibly romantic as if the country itself isn’t romantic enough.
- Any other venue in Europe or an tropical island I love as well. :o)
Some of these wedding venues are priced pretty average and some are way more. If you have already chosen one of these venues, then you and I are on the same page with things we have in common!! Send me an inquiry if you have picked one of these because I am offering a discount to shoot there and will not charge for travel to some including the flight costs to venues in Greece (only within July or August when I travel there). See my investments page for more information about destination weddings. I know this list doesn’t even touch so many amazing more venues so comment below and tell me which one you love. If I love it too, then I’ll add it to my list!